Cube steak is the top round portion of the meat. It is softened by tremendous pounding with a meat tenderizer or using an electric tenderizer. The meat comes out in cubes giving it the name of cube steaks. Beef is a nutritious meat and it contains proteins, fat , vitamin B12, and fat. It also has iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and lots of zinc. Also it has traces of vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin D, calcium, vitamin B9 and vitamin B3. Beef can be made in to steak, roast and so many other things. No other single food provides the nutrition as beef does. The essential minerals that are found in beef are important for many bodily functions such as muscles, bones and other cellular functions. Vitamin k found in beef helps blood clotting and gives healthy bones. Vitamin B found in beef helps converts food in to energy. Cube steaks have 120 calories per 3 ounces. Beef is the most popular meat item eaten around the world. It is versatile and nutritious. It can be cooked in many forms and with so many add ons.
- 4 ounces of cube steak
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1/3 cup vegetable oils
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Preparation time is 2 hours 15 minutes [5 minutes is preparation time + 2 hours 10 minutes is cooking time].
- Take the cube steaks and season it, with salt and pepper.
- Pour the flour in to a plate and add the cube steaks to the flour
- Now press the cube steaks in to the flour.
- Remove any excess flour that might be there.
- In a large skillet with a lid in medium heat.
- Add the cube steaks in hot oil and cook until golden brown on both the sides for about4 minutes per side.
- Now pour in water to the skillet and cover the steaks.
- Add the beef bouillon and stir it in add salt to taste.
- Boil and lessen the heat to medium.
- Now cover and allow it to simmer for about 2 hours.
Read this Article in: Français (French)