Grouper is nothing but fish. They can weigh up to 100 pounds. They are found mostly in the Gulf of Mexico, Mediterranean and Caribbean. The Jewfish variety of groupers can weigh up to 750 pounds.
That is how large groupers actually are. Grouper in water can change their colours depending on their surroundings. They are valued fish as they come under lean fish and are used for several types of cooking.
- A grill
- Large skillet
- Cast iron pan
- Baking dish
- A spatula
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil
Cooking time: Cannot be ascertained
- Marinate the grouper with seasonings about 1 or 2 hours before cooking it.
- Now grill the grouper.
- For this pre heat the grill to a medium heat and coat the grill with some oil or any non-stick spray so that it does not stick.
- Now grill the grouper for about 5 minutes on each side till they come out with a fork.
- Now fry the grouper in an oven.
- In a bowl add flour, milk and eggs, cornmeal and seasoning and mix.
- Dip the fish in to the mixture such that it coats the fish properly.
- Now pre heat a large skillet with vegetable oil in about 190 degree Celsius and fry the grouper.
- Till the grouper turns golden brown, this should be down on both the sides as well.
- Now preheat the cast iron pan with some olive oil and the olive oil should be smoking hot before you put the groupers in.
- Now allow the fillet to cook till it can be broken with a fork.
- Now add broth/ wine or any liquid as per your choice add all the herbs and spices.
- Now place the fillets in simmering liquid.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now bake the groupers.
- Pre heat an oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Grease a baking dish with some oil and place the grouper on the dish.
- Sprinkle the fillet with breadcrumbs.
- This will create a crunchy top.
- Now bake for about 20 minutes.
Read this Article in: Français (French)