Eating lamb meat ensures you are eating on the most versatile food the world has to offer. Lamb is sheep meat which is under 1 year of age. This meat is tender and tastes very good. It is a rich source of proteins and vitamins such as A, B3, B6, and B12.
It also contains zinc, iron, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, copper and selenium. 3 ounces of lamb will contain about 175 calories. It also contains 8grams of fat. For the recipe below many countries substitute lamb for mutton.
- 8 Lamb cutlets
- Some freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Some extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 300 gms of almonds blanced
- 200 gms of homous
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 carrots
- ½ celeriac
- ¼ cabbage red
- ¼ onions
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- Serves 4
Cooking time: Cannot be ascertained
- First preheat the oven to about 180 degrees Celsius.
- On a plate place the lamb chops and sprinkle it with paprika, mint, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Also sprinkle the olive oil
- Leave the mixture to marinate for an hour.
- In a mixer crush the fennel and cumin seeds. Add the spices and the blanched almonds to the baking tray and sprinkle olive oil and toss till everything is coated with the spice. Roast them in a preheated oven until they are golden brown and then take them out.
- For the coleslaw take carrot and celeriac shreds. Cut the cabbage and onions. Add the vegetables in a bowl with yoghurt, lime juice and coriander. Mix it well and add salt and pepper.
- Put the houmous in a big bowl and add a spoon of harissa and olive oil.
- Preheat apan and cook the lamb in high heat for about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- To serve pile up the chops one on top of the other. Arrange the coleslaw around it. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Read this Article in: Français (French)