Lasagna is basically a flat shape, wide pasta and might be one of the oldest dishes. The pasta is actually different from the other types of pasta since the meaning of the word name lasagna is multiple layers of pasta. The word refers to the dish which is made with a type of the pasta in many layers which are interspersed with the layers of different ingredients as well as sauces.
The Lasagna actually originated in the Italy, in regions of the Emilia-Romagna. The traditional lasagna is made through interleaving layers of the pasta with the layers of sauces, which can be made with, Parmigiano-Reggiano and ragù, Bechamel.
- Larger pots for the boiling of pasta
- A baking dish
- A large sauce Dutch oven or pan for making the sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- High quality Parmesan
- One package noodles
For the sauce
- Fresh basil
- Pepper and salt
- Crushed pepper
- Dried oregano
- One large onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 28 oz. Cans tomatoes
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- If you are planning to make the meat sauce then it is important to crumble the ground beef into skillet. However, make sure that it should be done on medium heat. Now, brown the meat on a medium flame until it loses its pink colour. Make sure to discard the fat and spoon it off.
- Stir it in the spices. Also cook until it becomes soft.
- After that press tomatoes in order to sieve through the meat. Also remove the seeds.
- In addition to this it is also important to cover the simmer for at least forty minutes. Additionally, uncover and you can continue to simmer until sauce thickens.
- After that add these lasagna noodles in the boiling water which should be salted until they get softened.
- Drain the noodles and rinse them with fresh water.
- Now, grease the baking dish with oil or butter.
- Arrange at least three noodles in one layer.
- Spread the sauce on these noodles.
- Repeat the layers in same process.
- Sprinkle the gated cheese on it.
Read this Article in: Français (French)