Technology has grown in very amazing ways today. One of the best gift technology has offered most of us are the creation of social media. We all love being online chatting, making friends, looking for life-term partners, doing business, for leisure and for many other different reasons. One thing that is for sure is that we love social media platforms such as Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and many other social sites. All these sites help the world connect in various ways. However, there are some insane facts about social media that are completely true and you may not know about. Let’s explore them together.
Facebook crazy facts
- More than 5 million Facebook users are under 10 years of age
The truth is that the terms and conditions of Facebook do not allow people less than 13 years of age to join. However, this fact is a clear indication that a huge number of the users are violating the rules already. And the question becomes ‘don’t their parents care to know?’. Forbes magazine once reported that 95%of parents knew about this fact, and astonishing enough, 78% of them helped the kids create the accounts.
- Companies disregard Facebook questions
We are all aware that most companies have gone on to social media as well to for business purposes. Customers put their questions on their timelines, but sadly, only 30% of them get a response. This can merit competitors who wish to challenge the norm and increase their sales.
- Insane virtual Facebook credits
It has been estimated that FB users spent about $1.85 billion on virtual accounts. Just think about what that crazily big amount of money would have bought you.
- Branding supporters are mostly moms
Apparently, mothers on Facebook like brands more than any other users. If you are in business, you know where to target.
- Population is more than twice that of USA’s
You are surprised right? I am too. Facebook has more than 800 million users, while US population is about 315 million.
- Facebook Addiction Disorder (FAD)
Maybe we have all been there. Always checking y\who has liked your photo, comments, posts and what friends are saying. But honestly this number is big. Watch out!
- Facebook pushes higher referrals than any other social site.
- Engagement day
So it happens that my suspicions were correct. Friday is actually the best day for engagement on Facebook.
- 23% of Facebook users check their account at least 5 times a day.
- Sex links are shared on Facebook 90% more often than any other kind of link.
- 33% of Twitter users are more probable to be democrats
- Twitter would be the 12th largest country in the world! That is just right above Philippines and below Mexico. Maybe it will take over china soon.
- Lady Gaga is the Queen of Twitter. She is crazy but she got so much love from her numerous fans all over the world. Her followers are heading to 27 million. Am not too sure if all these people like her music or her, or just her weird outfits.
- About 30% of twitter users get more than $100,000 dollars income
- Retweets are best suited at night
- More than half of the twitter users expect replies from company brands in an hour. Company marketers beware.
- 320 million people are active twitter users, with 100 million participating actively every day.
- 44% owners of twitter accounts have never tweeted.
- Roughly 80% of leaders from all over the world are on twitter.
- Tweets with images get 18% more clicks than their counterparts
- Has about 400 million active users
- Every second, two new members join LinkedIn
- Allegedly, more than 1 billion endorsements have been successful on LinkedIn since 2003, the year that it was launched.
- People use the word motivated a lot
- If you did not know, LinkedIn has 20 dissimilar languages
- More than 16 billion photos have been uploaded since Instagram was launched in 2010
- About 5 million pictures are uploaded every day.
- Over 41 million photos are selfies
- Just about 32% of teens in America see Instagram as the most imperative social network. We all know why.
- The most frequently geotagged city on Instagram is no other than New York City.
- $2.8 billion dollars are predicted to be earned in 2017 only from Adverts on Instagram.
- Its per-follower engagement rate is 58 times that of Facebook’s and 120 times more that of Twitter.
- More than 80% of its users are women.
- Pinterest’s Facebook page fans are 97% women
- It is trusted as authoritative by more than 80% of women in America
- Most of the pins are actually repins. This is repetitive but not really boring.;
- Marketers on Pinterest get more referrals than the rest. Maybe this can be attributed to the fact that women are the majority of the users.
- Its Food and drink category has 53% users in it, making it the most popular
- It achieved 10 million unique monthly visitor quicker than any other social media site ever in just a year
- It generates over 400% more revenue per click than Twitter, and 27% more than Facebook.
- YouTube originally started out as a dating site. This was mainly driven by HotOrNot.com, which was doing pretty well
- Each day, about 12 years worth of YouTube footage is uploaded there
- A video that is likely to play for more than one hour is added on YouTube every second
- YouTube has the uppermost engagement rate
- It also has the minimum bounce rate.
- Most of its users are literally lazy people
- It has very good returns
Other social media facts
Generally, these mad facts happen in most of the social media;-
- People that own a toothbrush are lesser than those who own a phone. Really?
- Smartphone users in UK are twice more that cigarette smokers
- Some people prefer having dates online
- About 1 in 5 couples overall, and 3 in 5 gay couples meet on social media platforms
- There are nearly 3 million new blogs each month
- About half social media users will turn to it to see reviews of a product before purchasing it
You may have had the ‘really’, ‘seriously’, ’what’ expressions while reading this article, but still the facts about social media are pretty weird and so damn true so you and I make them. All the same, now you are on the know about how crazy these sites are. It has been fun to learn them right? You’re welcome.
Read this Article in: Français (French)