If you think that Singapore is only a good stop-over destination, then perhaps you should take a closer look at the island city. Singapore’s plethoric attractions beckon people of all ages, making it one of the best family-friendly holiday destinations in the world.
If you are visiting Singapore, you must look for the best places to stay with family in Singapore. Take a look at some tips that will help you find the best family-friendly hotels in Singapore. Check them out:
There’s no doubt that Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the world. As such, an unplanned trip may cause you to shell out whopping sums of money. This is where you need to be an early bird. If you happen to know Singapore’s public holidays in advance, planning your visit becomes a lot easier.
To find the best places to stay with family in Singapore, you will always have to keep an eye on the rates. There are a couple of online sites where you can find the best deals on hotels. Try planning your trip during a season that’s likely to be more reasonable when it comes to accommodation prices.
Know the location of the hotel
Singapore may be small, but commuting from point A to point B can be time-consuming and expensive. As such, it’s always smarter to put up in a location that provides an easy access to major attractions in the city. Places like Marina Bay, Sentosa Island, Orchard Road, Little India and Chinatown have one of the best family-friendly hotels in Singapore. These areas are hotspots for family travelers.
Keep your senior members in mind
If older members of the family are tagging along, you will have to keep their health and safety in mind. Some of them will have to put up in a place close to an MRT station or other modes of transport to avoid exerting themselves. At the same time, your choice of hotels should have senior-citizen-friendly amenities like wheelchair and in-house medical caregivers.
The best family-friendly hotels in Singapore
If the large number of accommodation options is confusing you, then check out the list of best family hotels in Singapore here:
Marina Bay Sands
If you want a dollop of luxury in your leisure traveling, the Marina Bay Sands is the hotel you need to check in to. The five-star resort has a vibrant nightlife and provides a range of family-oriented experiences. Not to forget, the comfy rooms are furnished with airy windows, balconies, and spic-and-span bath, enough to raise the luxury quotient of the place.
What to see:
- The Sands Theatre, which hosts an array of Broadway shows like Kinky Boots and The Lion King.
- The Shoppes mall, which features some amazing child fashion stores like Kenzo Kids and Paul Smith Junior.
- The ArtScience Museum, exhibiting a range of tours, workshops, and promotions.
How much: S$24 to 1,213
Where: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Marina Bay.
Mandarin Oriental Singapore
Counted among the best places to stay with family in Singapore, the Mandarin Oriental has suites that exude the opulence of Asia. The exotic interiors, open-plan living and dining rooms, and lush surroundings provide an ideal setting to unwind.
What to see:
- The hotel’s swimming pool, which allows your kids to swim under some of Singapore’s classic buildings.
- MoSin Spa, which provides a relaxing time with massage therapies for adults.
- Youth Olympic Park, ArtScience Museum, and The Float @ Marina Bay for some exciting cultural events.
How much: S$247 to S$3,648
Where: 5 Raffles Avenue, Marina Square, Marina Bay.
Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
Shangri-La Hotel Singapore is one of the highest rated hotels in the city. Equipped with five-themed family suites, a stunning pool, and an ambient dining area, its luxury redefined.
What to see:
- Engaging on-site activities at the Buds by Shangri-La kids’ room.
- Relax on the tropical-style pool bordered by water fountains and palm trees.
- Check out the international buffet at The Line, Cantonese cuisine at Shang Palance and Japanese fare at NAMI.
How much: S$224 to S$613.
Where: 22 Orange Grove Road, Orchard.
Le Meridien Singapore Sentosa
Last but certainly not the least, Le Meridien Singapore Sentosa should be one your list of considerations. It’s one of the best family-friendly hotels in Singapore, providing an easy access to major Singaporean attractions.
What to see:
- Visit the Universal Studios, Madame Tussauds Singapore, and the Skyline Luge from this hotel.
- Sun loungers will love the huge pool on-site.
- Open the window of a Classic Room, and the iconic Merlion statue welcomes all of you.
How much: S$160 to S$662.
Where: 23 Beach View, Sentosa Island.
The above are just four of the many places to stay in Singapore. Just keep an eye on different sites to get the best deals.